Ryan Petrich is really over his head in terms of updating the popular jailbreak tweaks he himself has released. His Activator tweak has finally got a huge update today, whereas his Display Recorder was upgraded in order to make him even more compatible with the current iOS 9 – but how well does it do, you may ask? What are the actual benefits of the final upgrade?
First things first. Display Recorder has received a lot of publicity as of late, as it lets you print screen your phone’s showcase on screen taps as well as the screen itself. What this does is – it lets the viewers of your videos see what you’re tapping while you’re on the screen. The app has received a lot of attention due to its ability to make great tutorial videos. According to the opinion of the multitude, it remains one of the best (if not the best) ways to shoot your device’s screen in video form. Pretty neat, huh? However, as we will see soon, that is not all there is.
The current version of Display Recorder is set at 1.3.19; the following upgrades have been implemented into the app seamlessly:
- The error with permissions for fix camera roll for iOS 9 has been dealt away with;
- iFile integration for iOS 9 has been fixed;
- Tapping is now applied immediately in certain situations;
- Landscape recording does not crop anymore on videos taken with iPad;
- Assigning an Activator action to launch the Display Recorder application is now allowed.
Don’t get us wrong – Display Recorder was well compatible with the iOS 9, thanks to the previous update. However, the current upgrade allows for some nice upgrades that makes the tweak even more stable than before. We hope that Ryan keeps up the good work; this app alone is responsible for many useful videos on the net out there, and who knows how more difficult app use would be without them.
If you are utilizing this jailbroken app, you are suggested to run Display Recorder as soon as possible; the reason being is that this is, at the time being, a free update. On the other hand, if you’re new to the game, the app costs a mere $4.99, which is rather cheap if we take into consideration just how many uses this app can have. Don’t believe us? Let us go through the list of what you can do with this neat app!
- As mentioned before, it allows you to take videos of your device’s screen;
- Unlike similar application on Cydia, the system sounds are captures as well;
- The video recorded is instantly available to the user (again, an improvement over Cydia).
Based on everything that has been outlined so far, what do you personally think about this tweak? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
If you liked this article, make sure to continue following Allcydia for the latest news and jailbreak tweaks.