iOS 8.0.2 by Apple is finally out in the open and it deals with bugs that iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users had when installing iOS 8.0.1. In addition, it also addresses a couple of bugs and introduces a number of updates. The update can be obtained for iPad 2 and never versions, iPhone 4S and newer versions, as well as iPod touch 5th generation through iTunes or by an over-the-air-update.
One critical issue that iOS 8.0.2 finally dealt with is the one where iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users lost their cell phone signal and functionality of Touch ID. The HealthKit issue, which stopped apps that support the new APIs from working, is dealt with as well.
The list of all the fixes iOS 8.0.2 made follows:
- A problem is fixed in iOS 8.0.1 that impaired cell network connectivity and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Ask to Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases support has been significantly improved
- Messaging has been improved – when receiving SMS and MMS messages, there is no more sudden cellular data usage
- Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has been improved
- HealthKit apps can now be accessed on the App Store
- A bug that made Photo Library inaccessible to certain apps has been resolved
- A bug is resolved where 3rd party keyboards are deselected upon an user entering a passcode
- Ringtones not being restored from iCloud backups no longer malfunction
- Resolved an issue where uploading photos and videos from Safari was problematic
The release of iOS 8.0.1 caused many problems to the users of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus who rushed to update the systems immediately. While Apple was swift to pull the update, the damage had already been done. Different fixes were offered, but we’ve also got to give props to Apple for quickly removing the update from the App Store and creating a new one which was designed in such a way to address all of these issues. While there may still be come bugs on iOS 8, nothing too dangerous is present, so it may take some time before the next update. On another note, we’re getting closer and closer to the iOS 8 jailbreak, so hang on tight as we’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as it gets released by the Pangu Team, as it will provide many more great Cydia apps.